Announcing EMC NetWorker 7.6 SP3
Today EMC announced the availability of NetWorker 7.6 SP3. This release delivers NetApp SnapMirror to tape backups, a new Mac recovery GUI and accumulated fixes. This release addresses disaster recovery of high density NetApp filers using SnapMirror, answers customer requests for a native Mac recovery GUI and maintains high quality with accumulated fixes.
Key features of NetWorker 7.6 SP3 include:
- NetApp SnapMirror to tape is designed to provide a true DR copy of the NetApp data volume. SnapMirror brings value in scenarios where there are millions of files residing on the filer. Support for NetWorker, NetWorker Module for Microsoft Applications and NetWorker Module for Databases and Applications with NetApp SnapMirror will help significantly reduce backup windows.
- The new Mac recovery graphical user interface (GUI) allows identical recovery functionality that is available with standard recovery GUI. Not included are archive set recovers, BMR recovers, NDMP recovers and file exclusion lists. See demonstration below.
- OS Currency with: IBM AIX 7.1, MAC OS X 10.5 (Lion), Oracle Solaris 11 Express
- Support for VMWare vSphere 5.0
- Improved multiplexing to DataDomain VTL
- Accumulated fixes
This release is being made available under a phased product release lifecycle. Production ready software is first released to Restricted Availability (RA). RA releases are fully-tested and production-ready, however, software and documentation are made available through an alternate process that lets EMC track adoption to ensure the early roll out meets customer expectations. After initial monitoring of progress in the marketplace, the software and documentation will be transitioned to General Availability (GA).