Exchange 2010 Backup fails with the error : A COM error occurred while validating the version of Exchange. The error code is 0x80010105. The error message is: The server threw an exception , Validation failed
Backup of Exchange 2010 server database fails with the following error:
savegrp: suppressed 24 lines of verbose output
83164:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. An error was detected during the replica creation. Details in nmm.raw on <ServerName> and in the Windows Application or System Event Log.
49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 026671 ERROR:A COM error occurred while validating the version of Exchange. The error code is 0x80010105. The error message is: The server threw an exception..
49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 102206 ERROR:Validation failed.
63335:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM backup failed to complete successfully.
This error occurs because the SSL certificate for Exchange was not bound to the Default Website.
To solve this error message, perform the following procedures on the Exchange server
- Start IIS Manager
- Navigate to <Exchange-host> >> Sites >> Default Web Site
- Select ‘Bindings’ under Actions – Edit Site or right click ‘Default Web Site’ and do properties -> Bindings.
- Under Site Bindings, look for ‘https’ entry, select it and do ‘Edit’
- In Edit site Bindings Ensure ‘SSL certificate’ shows Microsoft Exchange (The certificate name may be different)
- If the https binding does not exists for Exchange, create a new binding. (One for all ‘all assigned’ IP address and one for the local host (127.0.0.1))
- Restart IIS.
- Rerun the backup.